Friday, February 1, 2008

Disciple Makers Basic Training - Overview

The following questions and topics show the content of the Disciple Makers Basic Training Course. Subsequent posts will deal with each topic in greater detail. Remember that if you have questions, comments and suggestions you can contact me at pastorjohnsleadd@gmail.com.


Week 1: What is a disciple and why should we make them?
Knowing What A Disciple Is And Does
(understanding the marks and goals of a disciple of Jesus)

Week 2: What is my main purpose in life?
Knowing Your Purpose In Life (understanding God’s sovereignty, the chief end of man and one’s individual calling)

Week 3: Who has authority over me?
Honoring Authority
(understanding God’s reign over family, church, and state)

Week 4: What good works am I to do?
Doing Good Works
(renouncing adolescence; gaining wisdom in work, study, spiritual growth and productivity)

Week 5: What is in the Bible?
Knowing Your Bible
(understanding the Bible’s contents and the basics of doctrine)

Week 6: How can I grow closer to God?
Establishing Devotional Habits
(getting the most out of Bible study and prayer)

Week 7: How can I stay pure and focused?
Practicing Purity
(gaining wisdom in an exploitive, materialistic, self-absorbed, sensual culture)

Week 8: How can I resolve conflict?
Being a Peace Maker
(learning to listen, love, reconcile, deal with discipline, and bless others)
Week 9: How do I share the gospel?
Knowing and Sharing the Gospel
(preparing and sharing a powerful testimony of faith)

Week 10: What is a Biblical Worldview?
Understanding Worldviews
(examining religion and philosophy through the lens of orthodox Christianity)

Week 11: How can I help transform the culture around me?
Being An Ambassador (engaging the culture with an accurate and informed mind, an artful method and an attractive manner)

Week 12: What career and ministry should I pursue?
Your Kingdom Gifts
(choosing a career for influence in family, church, marketplace and public square)

Week 13: How should I handle money?
Managing Money (understanding Biblical economics and private enterprise for family and Kingdom expansion)

Week 14: How should I prepare for marriage?
Looking For A Husband Or Wife
(understanding marriage & Biblical roles, planning for marriage, family & ministry)